Enjoy Access to the Latest Slab Engineering Solutions in South Africa
It can be tough deciding on which slab engineering solutions to employ, with so many service providers vying for your business. However, it doesn’t need to be. Simply demand the best, and don’t settle for anything less. Our lightweight, superior and economical concrete polystyrene slabs continue to set the standard for excellence.
Thanks to our advanced polystyrene slab engineering services, we continue to innovate and advance the polystyrene insulated rib and rock slab industry. In fact, we continue to set the standards for excellence in the industry, and work with our eclectic clientele to not only meet, but also far exceed their expectations. Our polystyrene slabs come with a concrete tray for easy soffit plastering.
Our polystyrene slab engineering professionals have mastered this art, and we continue to deliver the highly sought after polystyrene insulated rib and block slabs to our valued clients. They’re specifically designed for long distance building projects, where lighter weights are required on load bearing walls.
Slab Rib / Lintel
T-shaped design for strength over long spans. Propless on short spans under our supervision only.
This lintel is designed for high performance, inteded to withstand stressful loads which most other linntels cannot handle.(View our typical Slab Layout) Click Here.
This has been tested and ertified for strength, precision and efficiency. (See the Wits University test report) Click Here.
Props are moveed further back under our engineers supervision, resulting in less props which significantly reduces installation time and costs. (Interested in more of our Technical documents?) Click here to view more.
A furthere 5^ concrete saving is achieved as a result of the unique T-Shape spans over 5m are straight and perpendicular for hassle free propping.
Width - 150mm
Height - 60mm
Wire Strands - 5/7/8 or 10
Weight - 21Kg/m
Our Hollow blocks are designed not only to look beautiful with its unique cylindrical shaped cut-outs,
But also produced using the best aggregates for optimum performance.
The blocks are designed to fit flush with the Ribs for precise hassle free plastering.
thicker walled , providing a sturdy support and a ecure work surface during preparations.
|PS195||450mm x 220mm x 105mm (h) 20kg||255mm Slab|
|PS120||450mm x 220mm x 120mm (h) 16kg||170mm Slab|
|PS150||450mm x 220mm x 150mm (h) 17kg||200mm Slab|
|PS280||450mm x 220mm x 105mm (h) 30kg||340mm Slab|
We also stock lightboxes for downlights
Ref . 100 Mesh
Anti-crack welddmesh supplied as part of the package or as required.
The anit crack weld mesh provides durability to the structure by minimising surace cracks when exposed to the elements.
T10 or Y12 Rebar
Stiffener steel supplied as part of the package or as required.
Ribs are propped at regular 1.5m intervals and under every block. Reinforcing bars are inserted above to form stiffener rib when enhances slab stability.
Used by electricians for downlights.
Size: 450 mm width
With a 75mm hole cutout
In-Situ Concrete (Ready Mix)
A 60mm layer of 25mpA ready mix concrete is thrown above after our engineers inspection
Contact 083 639 5786 for ready mix quote (JHB only)
Props are kept in place for 21 days
A Complete Solution
Royal Concrete has been involved in creating master pieces for over 30 years
We provide a complimentary Engineering service alongside the material supply including inspections and certifications.
- Sound Insulation – noise reduction
- Heat Insulation – keeping rooms cool in summer and warm in winter
- Fast Installation – Polystyrene blocks are light and less labour intensive due to this fact
- Lightweight and Economical – Easy and cheaper transport
- Light on Walls and Foundations – 35% (60kg) lighter per m2 than normal rib and block slabs
- Factory produced – offering the highest quality crisp white polystyrene
- Our polystyrene is made with fire resistant material. This is manufactured by our sister company
- T Lintels are machine extruded and not made in moulds like our competitors’ products. Therefore the underside of our Lintel is rough, which serves as a good plaster adhesive surface.
- 40MPA concrete ribs is our standard as opposed to the 25MPA industry standards
- All trays are made from quality aggregates with minimum breakages
- Our polystyrene blocks are higher, resulting in less concrete consumed when compared to competitors.
- Versatility and flexability in design
- Spans up to 8m are easily achieved
- Less props required: Semi Propless up to 2m under our supervision
- Quick and easy installation for multi storey buildings
- Less load on the foundations and load bearing walls (up to 130Kg lighter per m2)
- Ceiling boards beneath the soffit required instead of plastering the soffit
- Residential/ Domestic
- Town Houses
- Car Parks
- Office Buildings
Johannesburg , Soweto, Midrand, East Rand, Krugersdorp, Secunda, Fochville, Carletonville, Bloemfontein, Newcastle,Qwa Qwa, Pretoria, Mafikeng, Vereeniging, Vanderbijl, Vaal, Parys, Middelburg, Witbank, Mokopane, Polokwane and Towns within 400km radius.
Neighbouring Countries: Lesotho, Botswana, Swaziland, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
View our Technical Slab Engineering Tables – Click Here